How to Connect with Chaneru

Questions and answers about the Chaneru channel and server

Re: How to Connect with Chaneru

Postby adshun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:02 am

This does work and it starts Chaneru on my Roku boxes. I click continue on the box and it just says retrieving and doesn't bring anything back. When I first installed the new version it loaded all of the files and I had the message telling me what was loaded. That happened the first time but now when I start the server again it doesn't show me anything loading like it used to with the old version. I am not able to get it running on either of my Roku boxes and thanks to the "Connect" button I at least know they are speaking to each other.

Adam
adshun

Postby adshun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:15 am

Update on the one box that has already been linked when connect is executed it goes to the screen to enter IP address. I put in the IP address at the bottom of the server screen of 10.0.0.10:8080 and it comes back with a time out error immediately.

The other roku that has not been linked yet I click on continue trial period and it goes to a screen that says retrieving but then just hangs there indefinitely.
adshun

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Could you turn on the server traces ? Then try and access it again from the Roku.
Send the trace file in the "My Roku" folder to support@chaneru.com
Jim
Site Admin

Postby adshun » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Just sent the trace file off to you.

Thanks,
Adam
adshun

Postby Sligo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 am

Greetings from AZ,
I have easily connected my PC to my TV via chaneru. Unfortuantely only 2 photos show up from picasa. I go to favorites icon and response is "you have no favorites". I have not found procedure in picasa to create "favorites" The random icon has no effect. I am stuck.
Need some help here, please.
Thank you,
Jim Wilson
Sligo

Postby jimcummings » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:01 pm

No joy here as well. Bought it, installed. Tried the release version (w/o firewall). Nope. Now the Beta. It conncets and tells me a server but it is shown as offline and will not connect. Any help here.

Jim Cummings
jimcummings

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:05 pm

What does it do if you click the "Connect" button on the server ?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby adavisii » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:27 am

Jim wrote:The easiest way to get connected is to execute the Chaneru server and click the start button. Wait until the server shows an IP address at the bottom of it's window. Then go to your TV and Roku, click on the Chaneru channel icon. Click through the trial screen and it should show your server name as an option to connect.

The server sends your local IP address to Chaneru.com and then when the channel checks your serial number with Chaneru.com, it gets back as part of the response the local IP address of your server. It uses that address to ping the server to see if it is really there.

If this doesn't work, there may be a firewall issue !

There have been some problems with the machine actually using a 10.x.x.x address instead of a 192.x.x.x !
Verify that the IP address the sever is showing, is actually the one for the machine.
You can check the IP address on a Mac by going into your "Systems Preferences", "Network".
On Windows, open a DOS window and type in "ipconfig".

If this is the case, go into the server's options and select the correct IP base from the drop down, click update. Then exit the server and restart it.
adavisii

Postby adavisii » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Somebody Please HELP!!!!!!
What is the correct IP Address for Chaneru?
the IP address that I used is 192.168.1.47:8000, (I get error message timed Out)
adavisii

Postby Jim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:44 pm

The correct IP address is the one displayed at the bottom of the server window. But this can vary from machine to machine !
You need to check what the IP address of the Roku box and the address the PC / Mac is using.
If the Chaneru server is using one that matches the same network for the Roku, PC / Mac, you should be good to go.
You could still have a firewall that is blocking access !
Jim
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Chaneru General Discussion