[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Chaneru.com • View topic - Fix for constant rebuffering of video files

Fix for constant rebuffering of video files

Questions and answers about the Chaneru channel and server

Fix for constant rebuffering of video files

Postby dancinfool » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:44 am

The problem: about ~an hour into any given movie, Roku starts rebuffering your video file ridiculously often, until it finally craps out.

The solution: modify your Handbake settings -- below is the configuration I've verified for my system at home. I'm _told_ 29.97 fps is all you need to do, but I haven't experimented with anything other than what's below. Hope this helps someone out there avoid a few headaches.

Video:
- H.264
- Large file support
- Enhance for web
- 1600 bitrate
- 29.97 fps

Audio:
- AAC Core Audio
- Stereo
- 48 khz
- 128 kbps audio
dancinfool

Re: Fix for constant rebuffering of video files

Postby Jim » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:11 am

Jim
Site Admin

Postby art » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm

I get rebuffering after about 1hr plus. I tried the settings as stated but just dosen't help me. I just ended up splitting all movies into two files. Works perfect this way.
art

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:16 am

Did you try just setting the frame rate to 29 ?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby art » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 am

Can't remember will try again
art

Postby gjames » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 pm

This is just a suggestion.

I am currently using Xilisoft Video Converter Standard. It is a pay software but because I have an NVIDIA video card with CUDA support this increases my RIP time by X5 compared to standard conversions.

I use the setting suggested here in HD H.264 and created a custom profile with just these settings.

Video:
Codec - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC
Video Size - 1280x720 for 720p or 1920x1080 for 1080p
Bitrate - 4000K
Frame Rate - 29.97
Level - 40
Zoom - Usually (Full (Keep aspect ratio)) unless the input is funky
Aspect Ratio - 16:9
both Check boxes unchecked

Audio:
Audio Codec - MPEG-4 AAC
Sample Rate - 48000
Bitrate - 128K
Channels - Stereo
Volume - 100%
Check box unchecked

It is really that simple. You can check to see if your card supports CUDA from Nvidia here:

You can try the software free but it only converts the first part of the video until you buy the full version.

NOTE: I am not endorsing this product nor do I sell it. I am just suggesting it as it works for me. And since it has a faster capability using CUDA technology it may help you also. This is not an advertisment.

I suggest that if others on here have had success with faster programs that they list thier experiences also as it may help others.

Thanks and did I mention that Chaneru is awesome. Thanks Jim for the software, keep up the great work.

UPDATE: I also found that DVDfab DVD Ripper does an amazing job going from DVD to H.264. Best quality conversion yet with the smallest file size.

There are some quirks like in all of these types of software but it's worth a look. I created some mp4's with bitrates below 2000kbps with DVDfab and they look better than many of the other converters at 3000 to 6000kbps.

Also DVDfab is using CUDA for H.264 conversions also which speeds things up dramaticaly.
gjames

Return to Chaneru General Discussion