Compressed Audit-Access log

What I need from you to make this a better product

Compressed Audit-Access log

Postby SandboxManager » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:39 am

I like the Access Log feature and do use it to check how far we have gotten in a serie but it would be helpful if it only showed a line for each time a video is started. I understand why you have additional lines being added to the Access Log and you should keep it as an Audit-Access Log for various reasons. I would like to request a compressed Access Log feature or even just call it a Play Log with entries of items being started.

This Play Log should be easy to create through your existing code and you could even throw in a little button to the text viewer for the play log. This could help on one of the other feature request as well. :)
SandboxManager

Re: Compressed Audit-Access log

Postby Jim » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 am

Good idea.
I am working on Chaneru 2.0 with DLNA access and USB drive. This is one feature that needs to be addressed. Need a method to tell that videos have been played or not, especially for episodes and maybe change the sort order for the display. One problem I have is that there is little persistent storage on the Roku to save anything. I have been mulling over the idea of keep some info on an attached USB drive. This way there would always be storage space, even if the Chaneru server isn't on. This would also allow for the user to "Skin" the app and supply his own icons, background, audio effects and colors. But all this would require the USB drive because it has to be available at "start up".
Jim
Site Admin

Re: Compressed Audit-Access log

Postby SandboxManager » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Personally, I do not mind having the option on the server side since we will be starting Chaneru on the computer and can easily look on the screen how far we got before watching the 'Next' show in the series.

I thought the USB was read-only on the Roku box so that is why I was thinking to keep an extra log on the computer. Anyway, I would appreciate an option to keep track instead of pen and paper. Thank you.
SandboxManager

Return to Features and suggestions