User interface changes

What I need from you to make this a better product

User interface changes

Postby brian » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Jim
I have been using the new 2.x UI for a month or so. I love that it auto discovers the servers. GREAT!
However, the changes inside the UI are not so great. The "recent" folder is misplaced, annoying, and not needed. Perhaps you can make it an option. I do not have recent items. I watch them and I am done. I load new ones, start the UI and want to watch them. This recent folder should not be the first choice. Also, I have more than 20 files in my main folder that I want on the screen. The 10 item limit needs to get fixed. Just list the files by name. The UI is slow to go from one screen to the next moving through these files. Please take out the little nice things that slow it down and make it snappy.

Thanks and great work
brian

Re: User interface changes

Postby Jim » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:15 am

1. I'll make "Recent" an option - "Off, Top, Bottom". Then you can have "Recent", first or last in the folder list or not at all.
2. Have you tried using the FF button to page down the file list ? Or "Search", to locate the file ?

I've tried to make it as fast as possible and still work across the four Roku platforms.
There is a lot of background processing going on and the Roku API is single activity.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby brian » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Awesome. Thank you. I will try your suggestions. I have been an avid user for like 6 years. Thanks for the great work and responsiveness.
brian

Postby brian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Jim

While you are considering UI changes, one great enhancement would be to allow the list of assets to update without going back out to the scan step.

I will add new files to the chaneru folder after I have entered the UI. Be nice for an auto update or update command to refresh the file list.
brian

Postby aplussys » Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 pm

As to suggested changes.additions/modifications: I prefer Chaneru(2) to anything else like it, yet one user convenience I find worthwhile on Roku Media Player is the horizontal scrolling of program titles. If possible, I would suggest that Chaneru(2) be amended to also include the OPTION of horizontal program scroll like RMP. But don't eliminate or replace the current user interface- it is one of the program's strong suits. If such horizontal scroll is added, please also there include the same amountb] of program DATA as it now shown.
aplussys

Return to Features and suggestions