Smarter support for Hibernation or Sleep states....

What I need from you to make this a better product

Smarter support for Hibernation or Sleep states....

Postby blackjackel » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 am

After a while of troubleshooting I was able to determine that the chaneru server prevents any windows OS from going into standby (sleep), or hibernate modes...

EVEN WHEN THE SERVER ISN'T STARTED! The program only has to be running to prevent sleep/hibernation!

This isn't smart, at the very least make it so it only prevents hibernating when the server is running. Also maybe have the option to allow computer to hibernate at a user configurable amount of time.

Or the best thing to do (gold star) is to have the chaneru server allow the PC to hibernate when there has been no activity within the chaneru server, EVEN IF ITS RUNNING.

Note: I only say "allow", I don't say "force", meaning the PC will not sleep or hibernate unless it has been configured to do so. The problem here is that chaneru simply prevents PCs from hibernating even if they are commanded to do so.
blackjackel

Re: Smarter support for Hibernation or Sleep states....

Postby charliehoward » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:28 pm

The Chaneru server is installed on my Windows XP system, and the computer goes into Standby after being idle for the specified time. If I'm actually watching a movie, it does not go into Standby. I've also enabled "Wake on LAN" in the BIOS and Device Manager, and the computer does wake up when I use the Roku box to access my media through Chaneru. (Sadly, certain activities of other computers on the LAN also wake up that computer, but that's got nothing to do with Chaneru.)
charliehoward

Return to Features and suggestions