Still not playing full video

Release 2 with UPnP discovery

Still not playing full video

Postby atc98092 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Jim,

I just tested again a few nights ago, and I am not getting the entire length of the video to play. Same issue we had before. Did Zip give you any resolution to the issue?

Dan
Using Serviio and Plex. Have 2 Roku 2 XS boxes and several Sony SNP-N200 media players, plus a Panasonic ST30 TV that all stream.
Server 4 core AMD 8 gig of ram, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, gigabit with 802.11N WiFi access points (all players wired)
atc98092

Re: Still not playing full video

Postby Jim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Yes, Serviio creates an index file for the .TS files but when it gets transferred the link addresses to the .TS files are changed to pseudo addresses.
Which are slightly longer than the original link. This makes the resulting file larger but he is doing the transfer of the index file for a size of the original index file.
So, it's truncating the last .TS file links.

Zip said it would be fixed in 1.4
Jim
Site Admin

Postby atc98092 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:34 am

Thanks Jim. I must have missed Zip's response. :oops:
Using Serviio and Plex. Have 2 Roku 2 XS boxes and several Sony SNP-N200 media players, plus a Panasonic ST30 TV that all stream.
Server 4 core AMD 8 gig of ram, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, gigabit with 802.11N WiFi access points (all players wired)
atc98092

Postby Jim » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Zip said 1.4 before Christmas.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby atc98092 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Jim,

Petr has release Beta 1 of Serviio V1.4. I've tested the full length playing, and it is indeed fixed. Yippee!

I'm having some issues playing HD MKV files, although on my test server I only have a handful to try. I'm using the default Chaneru profile that is included in the Serviio install. For one, I'm loading the movie but no audio plays. I went to some other videos to test, then came back to this one. Now it won't even load, giving me a invalid track path error, then follows with an unsupported format error. SD MKV files seem to play OK.

Even with an SD MKV file, transcoding is maxing out the CPU. My test server isn't as powerful as my main server, with only 2 cores and half (4g) of ram. Still, I don't remember the CPU being so heavily loaded when we tested before. I've been waiting for over two minutes, and the movie still hasn't started. The loading progress bar is all the way across, but just sitting there. The Roku isn't locked, as I can exit out of the movie. However, if I try to reload the movie the same thing happens. Nope, this time the Roku is locked, and it finally backed completely out of Chaneru after about 30 seconds. Tried a different video (different format) and now nothing will load. It looks locked again. Yep, another 30 + seconds after hitting the home button on the Roku remote and I'm finally back to the home screen. Just tried a video from the Smithsonian Channel, and it won't load either. :? After a power cycle, now it loads...

I've went back to my primary Serviio machine, and have discovered that I can't play HD MKV files there either (still running Serviio 1.3. I'm suspicious that Roku did something again with their latest update. They released 5.2 build 3264 five days ago. I'm finding that several other Roku channels are giving me playback issues as well, so maybe it's their issue, not yours. I just tried loading a movie from the Retro Sci-fi channel, and it won't complete loading either. Just tried another, and this one loaded. They call these videos HD. What a joke! :)

Yep, more I try, the worse it gets. Roku hosed you again. Le sigh... :cry:
atc98092

Return to Chaneru 2.0