Two Enhancement Requests

Release 2 with UPnP discovery

Two Enhancement Requests

Postby mokanman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:42 am

If either one of these features is already available then please point me to them as I could not find any info:

1. On the fly Audio/Video synching with the same functionality as the J and K keys in VLC.

2. Our household streams video directly from the NAS to the device of choice in the room of choice so the ability to move files on the NAS would benefit us greatly to be able to move videos we have watched into the "watched" folder (UPNP may not allow?). I realize that Chaneru keeps track of what has been watched but sometimes we'll use VLC on a PC (which has no clue about what's been watched through Chaneru) and, of course, a PC allows us to move files from one folder to another on the NAS.
mokanman

Re: Two Enhancement Requests

Postby Jim » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:17 am

Chaneru keeps a "recently" watched list based on path with a max of five items per folder.
When a movie is completed, it is removed from the list. This is shared across Roku's.

There is also a watched hash list based on movie title, little red square indicator on the item list. This is not shared.

I don't have any control over the audio/video sync but have you tried pause and a slight move forward or back ?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby dfavor » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:23 am

Audio + Video desync usually relates to how the video is transcoded.

If you post 'ffmpeg -i' of your original video file + the exact command you used to transcode it (prepare it for Roku streaming), likely someone can tell you how to fix your problem.
dfavor

Postby atc98092 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Could you also tell us what is being used to stream the video? Is it Serviio or some other DLNA media streaming server? Or something proprietary to your NAS device? If so, what is the NAS device?

No DLNA device will ever be able to manipulate your files, such as moving them between folders. It takes a PC to do that. I suppose your could configure an FTP server on your NAS device and then something could be built into a player to connect and move files. However, it would take someone extremely computer and network knowledgeable to set it up, and then the player would need to know exactly how it is configured to be able to connect and move files. Frankly, it wouldn't be worth the effort.
Using Serviio and Plex. Have 2 Roku 2 XS boxes and several Sony SNP-N200 media players, plus a Panasonic ST30 TV that all stream.
Server 4 core AMD 8 gig of ram, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, gigabit with 802.11N WiFi access points (all players wired)
atc98092

Postby Jim » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Chaneru creates a MD5 hash for the watched indicator using the movie title. So you should be able to move a movie and it still be flagged as watched.
But these hash tags aren't shared across Roku boxes, only the recent movie. The recent entry uses the full path with played time.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Chaneru 2.0