Version 2.011.0 no longer connecting

Release 2 with UPnP discovery

Version 2.011.0 no longer connecting

Postby rawhide2971 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 am

I am going to bullet point this for brevity.
1.There are 4 Rokus on the home network and you (Jim) recently sent code for allowing all of them access.
2. Running version 2.0.11.0
3. Have been successfully running the 2.0 version for some time.
4. no changes to the network and I am running Win 7 on the Server with external hard drives for my movie files.
5. Problem: on the Roku devise I start the Chaneru program and it begins to scan for all accessible folders as it was doing, however when it get to the end of the scan it now punts back to the main ROKU menu. I have reinstalled the Chaneru server and it has not corrected the problem.
6 The problem is identical on all 4 ROKU's.

Suggestions, advise? :?
My family is quite put out with me for not being able to solve this issue, they, and I love the Chaneru program and its used more than any other TV component.

Thanks,
Marty
rawhide2971

Re: Version 2.011.0 no longer connecting

Postby Jim » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:16 pm

First: The current version is 2.0.12, you could try that. You should be able to check for updates or power off/on the Roku and it should get updated.

Second: Try also to turn on "Filter Devices" in the Options as fast as you can before it crashes.
This will ask if want to allow the device or reject it. Most likely, you have a new device on your network and I'm not handling it correctly.

Third: Install a test version of Chaneru - https://owner.roku.com/add/ChaneruTest
This version will display the devices initial URL before I try anything with it.
Click the remote to go to the next device because the display hangs there for 10 minutes.
Take note of the device before the crash. Then do it again and copy down the URL displayed.
Go to a browser and insert the URL. This will display the device's XML properties. Please send me the data, support@chaneru.com

Let me know how it goes !
Jim
Site Admin

Postby rawhide2971 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:01 pm

I updated the Version and rebooted all the Rokus after making sure they had the new version installed.
I had already played around with the Plug and play and the Filtering based on other threads on here.
No Joy. I will try the test version when I can spend some time on it.
Thanks for the quick response. I will keep you posted.
rawhide2971

Re: Version 2.011.0 no longer connecting- Update

Postby rawhide2971 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I have a new twist to the problem. When the ROKU and when Chaneru begins searching for all available PnP devices it goes through its routine and then when it finishes it recycles to the ROKU home/Channel screen. However and this is a big however, if I quickly move to the correct PC Server that my movies are on it will connect and allow me to access the movies and play them with no issues. Obviously, or I think obviously, there is a network conflict / issue/ anomaly but I can't pin it down. Suggestions? I did not want to post the issue during the Holidays and don't expect an immediate response but thoughts? Suggestions?
Hope all had a good Turkey day
rawhide2971

Postby atc98092 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Jim, I'll kick in a comment in case it helps.

As you know, I have version 2.0.12 on my two Rokus, as well as the test version. I notice that .12 will take 10-12 seconds before it displays the DLNA servers (they all pop in one right after another, so perhaps you are waiting to populate the list until the scan is complete).

I tried loading my list and then leaving the selection screen, to see if it would dump back to the Roku home page. I've waited a couple of minutes, and still on the device list. I believe rawhide is correct that something on the network is conflicting. Of course, I am not running the Chaneru server, so that is one difference with my network. I have two computers running Serviio (Server 2003 and Windows 7 Home Premium) and three Windows 7 PCs sharing media (one of the Windows 7 boxes is the one running Serviio, and it also has Plex running with DLNA enabled).

Maybe this will help isolating the issue. I'm traveling all next week, so won't be able to test anything until I get home Friday.

Dan
Using Serviio and Plex. Have 2 Roku 2 XS boxes and several Sony SNP-N200 media players, plus a Panasonic ST30 TV that all stream.
Server 4 core AMD 8 gig of ram, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, gigabit with 802.11N WiFi access points (all players wired)
atc98092

Postby Jim » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Dan, could you send me a trace of that 10-12 second delay ?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby atc98092 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Jim wrote:Dan, could you send me a trace of that 10-12 second delay ?

Just sent it.

Also, I had left Chaneru running on one Roku since I had sent that last message. That had been 23 hours, and Chaneru hadn't crashed.

Dan
Using Serviio and Plex. Have 2 Roku 2 XS boxes and several Sony SNP-N200 media players, plus a Panasonic ST30 TV that all stream.
Server 4 core AMD 8 gig of ram, Windows Server 2003 R2 x64, gigabit with 802.11N WiFi access points (all players wired)
atc98092

Return to Chaneru 2.0